Archive
Highlighted

Dynamically populating dropdown and receving the error "duplicate labels causing conflict"

Communicator

Hi

<input type="dropdown" token="c" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Cube</label>
      <search>
        <query>BASE SEARCH  | stats count by DatabaseName</query>
        <earliest>@w0</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </search>
      <fieldForLabel>clabel</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>cvalue</fieldForValue>
      <choice value="*">All</choice>
      <default>*</default>
      <initialValue>*</initialValue>
    </input>

I have this code for dynamically populating my dropdown but I'm still getting the error

duplicate labels causing conflict

I checked 100 times on but using stats count by DatabaseName should be the correct way.

Any idea on why I'm getting this error?

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Dynamically populating dropdown and receving the error "duplicate labels causing conflict"

Legend

Try this

<input type="dropdown" token="c" searchWhenChanged="true">
       <label>Cube</label>
       <search>
         <query>BASE SEARCH  | eval DatabaseName=upper(DatabaseName) | stats count by DatabaseName</query>
         <earliest>@w0</earliest>
         <latest>now</latest>
       </search>
       <fieldForLabel>DatabaseName</fieldForLabel>
       <fieldForValue>DatabaseName</fieldForValue>
       <choice value="*">All</choice>
       <default>*</default>
       <initialValue>*</initialValue>
     </input>
Highlighted

Re: Dynamically populating dropdown and receving the error "duplicate labels causing conflict"

Communicator

Same error, as the query I first posted, if run a simple search everything works.
When i put the search in the dropdown I get that error. 😞

0 Karma
Highlighted

Legend

Try removing the static value (All). See if that makes a difference

0 Karma
Highlighted

Communicator

No difference

0 Karma
Highlighted

Legend

And you confirmed when you run this search outside of dropdown, you get unique list of DatabaseName? Can you share your BASE SEARCH

0 Karma
Highlighted

Communicator

My base search is like this: i cannot share more:

index=something sourcetype=somthing_else

Yes, I can confirm that the names are unique.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Legend

Try to insert
| fields DatabaseName
at the end of your search or something like this
BASE SEARCH | eval DatabaseName=upper(DatabaseName) | dedup DatabaseName | sort DatabaseName | table DatabaseName

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hint: Better to use fields instead of table at the end of this search. table does a lot of work for UI formatting, which is not needed anywhere you don't want to render a table.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Communicator

Same error 😞

0 Karma