Dashboards & Visualizations

Dynamically Appending OR Clauses Based on Form Input

kwailo
Explorer

Based on form input (e.g. the state of multiple checkboxes) I would like to build a search query comprised of multiple OR clauses.
For example:
Given 3 checkboxes: "USA", "Canada", "Mexico", I'd like to dynamically build a query that contains any of the above countries, like so:

source="abc" country="USA" OR country="Canada" OR country="Mexico"

If, for example, the "Canada"checkbox is unchecked, the country's name will be omitted from the search query, like so:

source="abc" country="USA" OR country="Mexico"

What would be the correct mechanism to use to achieve this functionality?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then you can do the same thing as I suggested in the linked question - start with a neutral term that matches nothing, and append "OR country=value" for each checkbox.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then you can do the same thing as I suggested in the linked question - start with a neutral term that matches nothing, and append "OR country=value" for each checkbox.

kwailo
Explorer

When no checkbox is checked, the search should return no countries. I will edit the question to clarify.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When no checkbox is checked - is the search supposed to return all countries or nothing?

Note, here's a similar question asked recently: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/116083/multiple-or-tokens-in-a-simple-form-not-working-as-expected

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...