All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Test/Dev license support DBConnect?

NAMjp_SplkAdmin
Engager

I'm currently using the 50gb/day Dev/Test trial which is renewable after 6 months. I installed some apps including DBConnect. I can use the app but the DBInput does not get indexed. Is this a license issue?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi NAMjp,

No, this should not be a license issue.
If you configure Splunk DB Connect to import data from a connected database into a Splunk Enterprise index, the amount of data indexed counts towards your Splunk Enterprise license. However, performing database lookups against a connected database in DB Connect does not count towards the license.
Please see the DB Connect doc for more information:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/2.4.0/DeployDBX/Prerequisites

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma

NAMjp_SplkAdmin
Engager

Hi hunters, thanks for your reply. I was concerned that the free Test/dev license is considered the same as Splunk Free. I will try to look at other issues that may be preventing the indexing.

Thanks again!!
NAMjp

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...