All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Test/Dev license support DBConnect?

NAMjp_SplkAdmin
Engager

I'm currently using the 50gb/day Dev/Test trial which is renewable after 6 months. I installed some apps including DBConnect. I can use the app but the DBInput does not get indexed. Is this a license issue?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi NAMjp,

No, this should not be a license issue.
If you configure Splunk DB Connect to import data from a connected database into a Splunk Enterprise index, the amount of data indexed counts towards your Splunk Enterprise license. However, performing database lookups against a connected database in DB Connect does not count towards the license.
Please see the DB Connect doc for more information:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/2.4.0/DeployDBX/Prerequisites

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma

NAMjp_SplkAdmin
Engager

Hi hunters, thanks for your reply. I was concerned that the free Test/dev license is considered the same as Splunk Free. I will try to look at other issues that may be preventing the indexing.

Thanks again!!
NAMjp

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...