Splunk Enterprise

Does anybody have a german version of perfmon.conf for Splunk for Exchange or some experience with it?

btiggemann
Path Finder

Hello,

we are using the Splunk App for Ms Exchange on Windows servers that are installed in German. I know that this is not best practise. But is there anybody who has done a translation of the perfmon counters to the German ones? Our problem is, that the default perfmon.conf is not working, because the counters are named different in an other language. Maybe someone has done a Splunk for Exchange installation in Germany and has some experiences?

Thanks in advance
and best regards
Benjamin

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Localizing any splunk app is not easy. In the case of the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange, you will need to go into perfmon.conf and localize each counter, then go into macros.conf, eventtypes.conf and each view and look for the non-localized counter and change it. While this is trivial to do, it does require time and it will break whenever we upgrade the app, causing you to repeat the process all over again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Localizing any splunk app is not easy. In the case of the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange, you will need to go into perfmon.conf and localize each counter, then go into macros.conf, eventtypes.conf and each view and look for the non-localized counter and change it. While this is trivial to do, it does require time and it will break whenever we upgrade the app, causing you to repeat the process all over again.

0 Karma

sebastian_herma

Hi,
we have the same issue, we are having a mixed environment, some english servers in Amerika and some german servers in Germany.

Most of the App Dashboards and collecting jobs on the server side are not usable for our german systems.

How can we get them into the game?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...