All Apps and Add-ons

Does Splunk enterprise support Apache Ambari? Is so, in what way can I configure it?

anoopmudholkar

I am trying to find out relation of ambari with various log management frameworks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hgehrts_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

What do you mean by "support"? Are you looking after how to monitor Ambari? Or how to splunk a Hadoop Cluster through Ambari?
Ambari is an Management Tool for hadoop. You could compare it with an element manger: it allows you to install, configure and monitor Hadoop Cluster.
The monitoring portion is quite open, it allows you to send the metrics data into a file system (where you could pick up the data via forwarder) or you use the REST API (and the Splunk Addon Builder) to pull the data into Splunk. The logs can be integrated with a forwarder:
https://ambari.apache.org/1.2.1/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap5-1.html

There are more options... but what is it what you want to achieve? Of course you could just splunk everything.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...