Splunk Search

Do you have advenced xml example file to explain "Selector" module ???

SamChang
Path Finder

Dear Sir

Does you have advenced xml example file to explain "Selector" module ???
I can't understand the explanation in http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/ModuleReference.

============================================================================

Step 01 - Download "ui_examples_4.1_2010_04_09.tar.gz"
Step 02 - Uncompress this .tar.gz file to "ui_examples" folder
Step 03 - move "ui_examples" folder to "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/"
Step 04 - cd "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/ui_examples/default/data/ui/views"
Step 05.1 - cat All .xml file and grep "Selector" to find "Selector" in All xml file
Step 05.2 - cat ./*.xml | grep "elector"
Step 05.3 - can't find any "Selector" module in ALL xml files

I thing ...
If any "view" use "Selector" module ...
I should find "Selector" module in xml file.
Because I can't find any "Selector" module in All xml file,
so I think that "ui_examples" APPs doesn't use any "Selector" module ...

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Again, it would be better for you to explain what you want to do, rather than asking for a specific module. The Selector module is not used in the examples because you should be using a different module. I suspect that what you want to do should be done using the EntityLinkLister or EntitySelectLister module instead. An example of using the EntityLinkLister is here.

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

What are yo trying to accomplish with the selector module?

0 Karma

SamChang
Path Finder

My Answer have updated to my question's content.

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do? The selector module might be a red hering.

0 Karma

SamChang
Path Finder

Dear Sir

Sorry! I have downloaded "ui_examples_4.1_2010_04_09.tar.gz". I have executed cat and grep commands to check all xml file in ui_examples_4.1. I can't find any "Selector" module in any xml file (ui examples 4.1). Below is my checking command --

shell# pwd /opt/splunk/etc/apps/ui_examples/default/data/ui/views shell# cat ./*.xml | grep module | grep "elector"

Shell ... no response ...

Do you have any other example files to explain "Selector" module using .... thanks

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

Go to splunkbase and download and install the UI Examples app. It will give you a lot of good examples.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...