Training + Certification Discussions

Do Splunk courses ever expire?

nkrestakos
Engager

I want to get Architect certified. In 2013 i took 3 courses and passed. can i apply these to my cert training or do i have to retake these classes?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, they do not expire.

Yes, those courses will apply towards your architect certification.

However, you must also take the "Whats new in Splunk 6.2" or 6.3 etc... whatever they have at the time because your original courses were pre 6.2.

I'm looking for a link to a page that tells you how to use 2 years of experience in lieu of many of the other courses. For example you can get knowledge manager and admin certs without taking a single course now. I looked everywhere but couldnt find the website that details this. Your best bet is to email certification@splunk.com and ask them what to do as they know the most. They'll find your old credits and assist you in your cert track moving forward.

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, they do not expire.

Yes, those courses will apply towards your architect certification.

However, you must also take the "Whats new in Splunk 6.2" or 6.3 etc... whatever they have at the time because your original courses were pre 6.2.

I'm looking for a link to a page that tells you how to use 2 years of experience in lieu of many of the other courses. For example you can get knowledge manager and admin certs without taking a single course now. I looked everywhere but couldnt find the website that details this. Your best bet is to email certification@splunk.com and ask them what to do as they know the most. They'll find your old credits and assist you in your cert track moving forward.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...