Splunk Cloud Platform

Do I need to purchase a splunk support tier to enable cloud api access

kashline
Engager

I need to enable the api and get credentials for it, but I don't have a support tier purchased. Documentation states I need to submit a support request to get the api enabled: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.6/RESTTUT/RESTandCloud

Am I unable to enable the api without purchasing a support tier?

Tags (1)

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you need to open a support case to enable the REST API. You should also whitelist your IP's accessing the REST API. Per the Splunk Cloud Service Description : "Differences in implementation details between Splunk Cloud and Enterprise plus permissions for the sc_admin role impacts REST API access. In Splunk Cloud, you open a support ticket to enable REST API access. In addition, Splunk Cloud supports a subset of the REST API endpoints available in Splunk Enterprise. You can find more information regarding using the REST API with Splunk Cloud "

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...