Splunk Search

Display submenus in the Dashboard title ?

pgadhari
Builder

Hi All,

I have a requirment of showing the submenu on the dashboard page, so that I can know that from which Main Menu I am navigating from. So for example - I have menu as shown below :

Network | Datacenter | Messaging | Infrastructure :

When I click on Datacenter it will display :

Server
Storage
Active Directory ... so on...

So basically on the dashboard I should see that I have navigated from Datacenter --> Server, so that I can see that I was in Datacenter menu and then in Server submenu. Basically i want to display the whole Navigation and their respective submenu on the top of dashboard itself ? Please help in how I can achieve this ? Finally it should look like this below :

Datacenter --> Server --> CPU Usage (on the top of dashboard)

Regards
PG

0 Karma

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

Perhaps breadcrumb tags can be of use, never tried it myself, but it looks like it could do the job.

More on breadcrumbs and tailored views via docs: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/AdvancedDev/ModInputsCustomizeUI

pgadhari
Builder

Ya, I think I will have to put breadcrum tags to show the path for the Navigation menu. I will try that out and keep you posted. Thanks.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@ramgnisiv The document you have shared is for Modular Input. I think the question is regarding breadcrum in dashboards.

pgadhari
Builder

@niketnilay - This was one of the question I posted some time back. Actually, now my menu is ready on the dashboard, but another thing I want to do this, when user clicks on the menu and opens the particular dashboard, he should see the whole navigation path in some panel title or so ? and this should also be hyperlinked so that he can click on that navigation and go to other dashboards. Any suggestion on this ?

Datacenter ==> Server ==> CPU Usage - something like this ???

Thanks
PG

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...