Deployment Architecture

Deployment Server throwing name resolution errors?

daniel333
Builder

all,

Out of no where my deployment server won't send data to my indexers nor will it read it's search peers. Everything points to network, but no other Splunk instances are impacted and they are all configured identically and in the same subnet. Very strange.

Error logs indicate that SPlunk cannot resolve the hosts. But I have no problem with name resolution elsewhere.

Encountered the following error while trying to save: Error while sending public key to search peer: Cannot resolve hostname
Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try to remove and re-add the indexers search peers on that deployment server, or re-authenticate the search peer.

0 Karma

daniel333
Builder

Thanks, yes, did that and still name resolution errors.

I actually went in did a readd using IP and it was fine. Everything working as expected. Kinda strange. THe OS is having no troubles with name resolution, just splunkd.

Is there an internal setting for DNS on splunk I might not be aware of?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...