#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Delete Splunk Account

hbottjer
Engager

How can I delete my splunk.com account?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

lwalkup_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The best way to get a Splunk.com account disabled, is to call into the Support Call Center (855-SPLUNK-S or 855-775-8657) and request that their account to be disabled. Once an account is disabled, then that account is gone for good.

View solution in original post

lwalkup_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The best way to get a Splunk.com account disabled, is to call into the Support Call Center (855-SPLUNK-S or 855-775-8657) and request that their account to be disabled. Once an account is disabled, then that account is gone for good.

vidda42
Explorer

Hi there !

Below an extract from the "Terms and Conditions of Use" :

6.TERMINATION

We may terminate a Splunk Website user's account in our absolute discretion and for any reason. We are especially likely to terminate for reasons that include, but are not limited to, the following: 1.) violation of these Terms; 2.) abuse of site resources or attempt to gain unauthorized entry to the site or site resources; 3.) use the Splunk Websites Services in a manner inconsistent with the Purpose; 4.) a user's request for such termination; and 5.) requirement of applicable law, regulation, court or governing agency order.

Our termination of any user's access to the Splunk Websites or any Services hereunder may be effected without notice and, on such termination, we may immediately deactivate or delete user's account and/or bar any further access to such files. Splunk shall not be liable to any Splunk Website user or other third party for any termination of that user's Splunk Website access or account hereunder.

Right now, I'm trying to find out how to request for such termination, because I have another account I would like to close...

David

0 Karma

tnayak0

I accidentally opened a 2nd Splunk account. Please tell me how to close one of them.

0 Karma

tachik0ma
Engager

Well Splunk consistently ignore my request to have my account deleted. I have a duplicate account which I need to get rid of and I am totally ignored.
This is bad support and also very rude, especially when their "Terms and Conditions of Use" states that they ll delete an account at the user request.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...