Splunk Search

Delete DB Connect indexed data

mavidales
Engager

I'm new to Splunk. Most of our logs are in databases. In testing out DB Connect I added some inputs and removed them later. However, the data that was indexed shows up in searches and I'd like to remove that also. Is there a command to do this? I would use splunk remove index <name> but i don't know the name of the index. There doesn't seem to be a command to remove data by source, or I haven't found it. There is other indexed data that I want to leave in place.

So how do I remove the indexes and data for those specific DB Connect inputs that were removed?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mavidales
Engager

Figured it out.

source="<yoursource>" | delete

Didn't know you could run those kinds of commands in the search bit. That's neat! Yay!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mavidales
Engager

Figured it out.

source="<yoursource>" | delete

Didn't know you could run those kinds of commands in the search bit. That's neat! Yay!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note, this does not clear up space but rather mark those events as deleted.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...