Knowledge Management

Data restore from frozen bucket

Prakash493
Communicator

Hi is anyone help me how can i restore data from a frozen bucket to make it searchable in an indexer clustering environment ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend
0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

Hi soni i have gone through this document i have an indexer cluster so in any indexer i can login and go to that index and copy the files to the thawdb directory ? Or should i do it in indexer cluater master ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can thaw the data, by placing the data into the thawed directories of the peer nodes from which it was originally archived. So frozen buckets of indexer1 would be placed in thawdb directory of indexer1 itself. Do this for all the indexers.

0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

how can i know that this data is archived from which indexer, also whats the location for frozen bucket i am assuming it /var/lib/splunk/(indexer_name)/thaweddb right ? , also after moving the data i need to rebuild it and execute the restart of all indexers ?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

look for the GUID that attached to the bucket name and match it to the GUID of the indexer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...