Splunk Dev

Data not indexing from same script on different servers

muriloalves
Explorer

I have a ssh script that collects metrics from the server and prints that to stdout.
For some reason, the same script runs fine on one server, but on the other I'm just getting the headers indexed.
Not sure what I can do or where the prob is.
Thanks,

alt text

0 Karma

maciep
Champion

My guess is that the script doesn't produce results on that second server. So it probably prints out headers and then the data it collected...so if no data is collected, you just get headers.

Can you manually run the script on the server that just produces headers? And as the account that splunk runs as? And if you wrote the script, I believe if you write to stderr, those messages will get indexed to _internal. So you could put some error checking in the script so you can see what it's doing when.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...