Knowledge Management

Data Model or Pivot dedup

romansul

I generated a Data Model and accelerated it. The data consists of Months (Jan, Feb, etc), Suppliers(A, B,C), Machines (hostnames) and the final output has to be a stacked barchart displaying count of Providers events on our Machines per Months.

The issue is that I only have to count a maximum of 1 event per Machine in a month. When I only searched directly, a simple "| dedup Month Provider Hostname" solved the problem but now, as the data model must be accelerated, I cannot use dedup. Also, I cannot find how to use dedup in the barchart search generated by Pivot UI.

Could somebody please point me a direction regarding a dedup alternative for DataModels or Pivot searches?
Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

You could use | from datamodel:"your_dm_name" | stats count(Providers) count(hostname) by month and change as needed.

0 Karma

romansul

Thanks for the reply. If i use "datamodel" i've noticed that it will load the data very slow, as it will not use the accelerated version. Is there a way of specifying to use the accelerated data?

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

you can use tstats , say something like | tstats count(Providers) count(hostname) from datamodel="your_dm_name" groupby dm_name.month

change as per your field names

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...