Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboards

itsmevic
Communicator

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I have created a dashboard under my Splunk user account. I'd like folks to see this dashboard on a separate big monitor on the wall. What would be the best way to deploy this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder

@itsmevic have you come across the Splunk Cloud Gateway. You can use this app and and setup Apple TV on your wall monitor. Refer to the below. Hope it helps

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Gateway/1.9.1/Installation/Installation

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/TV/1.5.3/DisplayDashboards/DisplayDashboards

0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

A long cord from your computer to the monitor?
Maybe get a service account name and pw from your admins, to run the dashboard, so you don't have to stay logged in all the time?
Maybe get the monitor it's own computer that runs as that account, and can access splunk, displays its browser on the monitor in fullscreen mode?
Maybe there's a keyboard and mouse (or an all in one) so when people need to log in or whatever, they can easily make changes?
If none of this helps, then maybe provide a few more details to understand exactly what you're trying to do and what you have already tried.

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

itsmevic
Communicator

We have a big monitor where these dashboards will be displayed. The dashboards will be running from a laptop that is near that big monitor. I had an account created specifically that I can use to log into that laptop. The account mirrors my own AD account that I use to successfully authenticate into Splunk. When RDP'd into this laptop, I can not log into Splunk with either that new account nor my own account and keep getting "400" type of errors.

I tried logging into Splunk via that new account from my own laptop. It will not recognize the new account but authenticates me with no issues when I use my own AD account. This has been an ongoing mystery now for weeks that I haven't been able to figure out.

I'm at my wits end here and need to display these dashboards for the boss, but need a way of projecting them on that big monitor so he can view them throughout the day.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...