Security

DBconnect to SCCM database

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

Trying to connect to MSSQL for the SCCMdatabase. I'm trying to use a domain account, and Windows Authentication. If I try the MS_SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver with Windows Authentication, point it to the database I want to connect to, I get the following when trying to validate:
"This driver is not configured for integrated authentication." If I try MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver, I get: "Login failed for user". If I try the jTDS drivers, I get connection timed out.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm trying to get the SCCM app working, just to see what it gives us, and I can't even get DBConnect to work.

Tags (1)

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

I am able to connect to the SCCM database after creating a new user for Splunk giving permissions.

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator

I'm trying to do the same exact thing you are! SCCM app doesn't work, and I need SCCM data, so I'm trying to get it with DBConnect.

Right now if I try to validate, port 1433, read-only flag checked, enable SSL flag unchecked, for MSSQL and Windows authentication and generic driver, it does validate and tells me connection saved successfully! And the enabled flag is set to true. However, I then get a connection error (at the top of the page, not next to the validate button like if you try to validate something that is invalid) and am not sure why. It populates the default database to be "master".

Any suggestions? The permissions are the default permissions for dbconnect.

0 Karma

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

Yes it takes the default database to be "master" But you can edit the jdbc url to specify your database name.
databaseName=XXX;

Also authenticate with MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver and possible create a Splunk user to access those tables . You Can check with your DB guy to do that.

0 Karma

maciep
Champion

what about the kerberos option? If your splunk box is on *nix, i think that's the one to try. And of course, be sure that you specified the domain in the identity you're using.

0 Karma

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

KrbException: Cannot locate default realm

I am getting this above error

0 Karma

smdojo

What version of DBConnect are you using? I was able to find the below response for the same issue

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/556315/splunk-db-connect-3-why-am-i-unable-to-login-using.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...