Splunk Search

DB Lookup failing with - No operations allowed after statement closed.

ldurham

Hi all,

After finally getting a automatic DB Lookup working it fails after loading in a couple of value.
I've setup the DB Connect application and configured the lookup with an advanced query and then setup and automatical lookup.

When running a search I receive this generic error.

"Script for lookup table 'lookup_media_title' returned error code 1. Results may be incorrect"

While the DB connect error log shows: No operations allowed after statement closed. Exception

The database is MySQL

013-01-08 19:51:04.845 dbx6816:ERROR:DatabaseLookupExecutor - Unexpected error while performing SplunkLookup DatabaseLookupExecutor: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after statement closed.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after statement closed.
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor17.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1014)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:988)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:974)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:919)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.checkClosed(StatementImpl.java:465)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.clearParameters(PreparedStatement.java:1161)
    at com.splunk.dbx.sql.util.NamedPreparedStatement.clearParameters(NamedPreparedStatement.java:185)
    at com.splunk.dbx.lookup.DatabaseLookupExecutor.performAdvancedLookup(DatabaseLookupExecutor.java:157)
    at com.splunk.dbx.lookup.DatabaseLookupExecutor.performLookup(DatabaseLookupExecutor.java:38)
    at com.splunk.runtime.SplunkLookup.invoke(SplunkLookup.java:26)
    at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:92)
    at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:30)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

This should be fixed in the latest release (1.0.7).

0 Karma

yfsplunk

Hello??????????????? Has this been fixed????????????????? It is now almost 9 years and this isn't resolved yet.....I have downloaded the latest Splunk, and it is still not resolved???????????????

Any response?????????? why hasn't this been followed up on yet?????????????????

0 Karma

jdunlea_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am getting the same problem with my instance. DBConnect Version is 1.0.8 and Splunk version is 5.0.1.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...