Splunk Search

DB Lookup failing with - No operations allowed after statement closed.

ldurham

Hi all,

After finally getting a automatic DB Lookup working it fails after loading in a couple of value.
I've setup the DB Connect application and configured the lookup with an advanced query and then setup and automatical lookup.

When running a search I receive this generic error.

"Script for lookup table 'lookup_media_title' returned error code 1. Results may be incorrect"

While the DB connect error log shows: No operations allowed after statement closed. Exception

The database is MySQL

013-01-08 19:51:04.845 dbx6816:ERROR:DatabaseLookupExecutor - Unexpected error while performing SplunkLookup DatabaseLookupExecutor: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after statement closed.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after statement closed.
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor17.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1014)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:988)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:974)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:919)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.checkClosed(StatementImpl.java:465)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.clearParameters(PreparedStatement.java:1161)
    at com.splunk.dbx.sql.util.NamedPreparedStatement.clearParameters(NamedPreparedStatement.java:185)
    at com.splunk.dbx.lookup.DatabaseLookupExecutor.performAdvancedLookup(DatabaseLookupExecutor.java:157)
    at com.splunk.dbx.lookup.DatabaseLookupExecutor.performLookup(DatabaseLookupExecutor.java:38)
    at com.splunk.runtime.SplunkLookup.invoke(SplunkLookup.java:26)
    at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:92)
    at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:30)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

This should be fixed in the latest release (1.0.7).

0 Karma

yfsplunk

Hello??????????????? Has this been fixed????????????????? It is now almost 9 years and this isn't resolved yet.....I have downloaded the latest Splunk, and it is still not resolved???????????????

Any response?????????? why hasn't this been followed up on yet?????????????????

0 Karma

jdunlea_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am getting the same problem with my instance. DBConnect Version is 1.0.8 and Splunk version is 5.0.1.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...