Deployment Architecture

DB Connect says DB is disabled but Splunk Web says its enabled...

dlovett
Path Finder

Strange issue. Whenever I try to run a dbx query or try to view a db via Splunk DB Connect->Database Info I get an error claiming the DB is not enabled. However, when I view the External DB Connection via Splunk Web Admin console splunk things the connection is enabled.

I tried restarting Splunk but issue remaings.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Sometimes DB Connect has some trouble flying straight, so to speak.
When you access database and database input configurations it Does matter how you get there. For example: If you go from the Launcher page to the Manager to the Inputs then the changes you make do not go to the dbx local folder.
The short story is that you have two copies of the input stanza for that connection in different local folders.
Because of this, I have a strict habit of manipulating all dbx inputs from the dbx page.

View solution in original post

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Sometimes DB Connect has some trouble flying straight, so to speak.
When you access database and database input configurations it Does matter how you get there. For example: If you go from the Launcher page to the Manager to the Inputs then the changes you make do not go to the dbx local folder.
The short story is that you have two copies of the input stanza for that connection in different local folders.
Because of this, I have a strict habit of manipulating all dbx inputs from the dbx page.

dlovett
Path Finder

Many Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...