I have a problem with DB connect.
Everytime I restart Splunk the java bridge server doesn't restart cleanly.
I loose the java bridge server for few hours (between 4h to 6h) and it come back alone during the night (at 11PM, 8PM,...).
I see DB Connect telling me kindly "The Java Bridge server is not running" from the "home" apps page and "The Java Bridge server seems not to be running..." on status page.
The "Reload" button seems doing nothing.
In .../dbx/local/ folder I enable the debug log in java.conf in adding the following to the file :
[logging] level = DEBUG file = dbx.log console = false logger.com.splunk.dbx = DEBUG
But I don't see any explicit log ... I can copy it if it can help.
When I want to run a query from the Search bar I get the following :
"Error in 'script': Getinfo probe
failed for external search command
Query run in the search bar :
| dbquery "ucpdb-cp" "SELECT * FROM sessions WHERE FROM_UNIXTIME(initTime, '%Y-%m-%d') > '2014-01-01'" limit=1000
From the "Database Info" tab I get the following from the top red banner :
"External search command 'dbinfo'
returned error code 47."
I try to clean the folder "$SPLUNK_DB/persistentstorage/dbx/global" and restart Splunk but nothing more.
If someone has an idea to continue my troubleshoot that would be great.
Thanks in advance,
This what I have, nothing special :
[root@server local]# cat java.conf [java] home = /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_51 options = -Xmx1G -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Duser.language=fr -Duser.region= [logging] level = DEBUG file = dbx.log console = false logger.com.splunk.dbx = DEBUG
home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-22.214.171.124.x86_64/jre
options = -Xmx2G -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=
[root@chapda3logs01 local]# pwd
Hi. You might also want to check that your JAVA_HOME path is set to the correct version of JDK on your host. For more info and a workaround, see this troubleshooting item: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Troubleshoot#Java_Bridge_Server_does_not_w...
This is well configured because :
- DB connect is working most of the time (as I wrote I have the problem only when I restart Splunk)
- DB connect have the right path to the JDK/JRE java folder.