Getting Data In

DB Connect Rising Column

xisura
Communicator

Hi Everyone,

Im having a problem right now ,tail in db connect is not working, Does the rising_column needs to be unique ?

Please Help..

Thanks in Advance,
xisura

Tags (2)

gfuente
Motivator

Yes

It must be somthing like a timestamp or a auto increasing value that keeps rising, so db connect has a flag that identifies until which point the data has been indexed, and from that point index the new data every time the sql query is executed.

Regards

0 Karma

xisura
Communicator

they dont have that , also rows are not increasing , it will just find the name and update it , they also dont have lastupdate column

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

Do they give you an Identity field such as "ID"?, i believe it needs to be in that table or a combination of fields that are equivalent to a number or date that would be unique per record.

0 Karma

xisura
Communicator

the problem is the db dont have rising_column,the customer just gave a query to use SELECT GETDATE() AS Server_Time ,name from information,the server_time will be the rising_column,everytime i run the query all the server_time column is the same, but if you run it again it will give you a different time, ex.i run it 6:36pm all the 1000rows server_time result will be 6:36pm,does the rising column needs to be in the database??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...