Splunk Search

Custom fields to be extracted from the Odata for splunk app

giridhar_tm
Engager

This is a question on the OData App.

I have a search that lists the output as a table, when I save this search and access it using the odata app from excel or tableau...i get an error. [internal server error]

when the search does not output a table and i access it using odata link...the data gets extracted from splunk.

my question: Doesnt the OData app support, table contents and the required fields to be extracted?

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are adding something like '| table field1, field2 ...' at the end of your saved search query, using its OData endpoint should only display those specific fields in Excel or Tableau. The app should honor the output as you see in the web.

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you give an example of a search that fails and one that doesn't? If you can do it on the _internal index, that'd be great, as then it is easy to replicate.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...