Alerting

Custom alert - properties are not passed

fakenamefordown

Hi,

Im developing simple trigger alert, which is supposed to post a message on flowdock via API key on trigger. I followed tutorial Walkthrough: Create an ES adaptive response action (http://dev.splunk.com/view/addon-builder/SP-CAAAFBQ). My code is almost identical but I don't use setup parameters nor Splunk Enterprise Security actions.

The problem I'm having is that input parameters are not passed correctly into the script. I'm getting "api_key is a mandatory parameter, but its value is None." error even before its execution. If I hardcode the values everything's working.

Everything is working fine when I'm testing in Add-On Builder, but when I plug alert in, it doesn't.

I'm using Splunk 6.6.1 and Add-On Builder 2.2.0.

What does cause this problems and how can I fix that?

0 Karma

amey2407
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am facing a somewhat similar error and was wondering if you have some answers.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...