Splunk Search

Custom Alert Action UI

astatrial
Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to append to the Alert ui the query itself (the search from which the user create the alert), in order to send it to another dashboard via link from the UI.

What i mean is that after a user will run a search, and will try to save it as an alert, the UI of the alert will contain a link to another dashboard with the search string.

I'm aware of the $search$ token but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this thing possible ?

0 Karma

astatrial
Contributor

I think i explained myself wrong.
I'm trying to configure the alert UI so it will capture the query from which it was created (before the alert is actually saved). This means that it needs to be generic to every query.

I want to be able to append a link to the UI that will transfer the query to outside dashboard.

There is example in the next picture.

alt text

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@astatrial
try like this | return $linkfield

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

astatrial
Contributor

where should i use it ?

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@astatrial

use in your query.can u share ur query

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

astatrial
Contributor

Please refer to the answer i posted.
i couldn't attach a picture here so i created an answer.

Thanks !

0 Karma

eduardkiyko_

I guess, its impossible, you should re-write Splunks source code to append custom ui

0 Karma

astatrial
Contributor

I'm able to create the custom alert UI, i'm just trying to somehow send to the UI window of the "saving as an alert" the search string.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...