Thanks,
Srinath

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

index=test sourcetype=testuser | makemv delim="xFD" APPLICATION | makemv delim="xFD" COMPANY | makemv delim="xFD" FUNCTION | stats list(APPLICATION) as application, list(COMPANY_RESTR) as company, list(FUNCTION) as function by USER_NAME | eval temp=mvzip(mvzip(application,company,"#"),function,"#") | mvexpand temp | rex field=temp "(?<application>.*)#(?<company>.*)#(?<function>.*)" | fields - temp
0 Karma

crepantherx
Loves-to-Learn Everything
I also need to do this..... would you please explain me the code I didn't understood.

What is APPLICATION, FUNCTION... and USER_NAME here ? and how does it works
0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

It is fetching the first record for each user if any of the field which is used in the mvzip is null otherwise it is fetching all the records. It is working well if all the values present.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Thanks a lot.. it is working well

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

How did you get the results that you are showing? What was the original search string? What does the data look like? Without this information, I don't think the community can help much.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

This is the search quiery

index=test sourcetype=testuser | makemv delim="\xFD" APPLICATION | makemv delim="\xFD" COMPANY | makemv delim="\xFD" FUNCTION | stats list(APPLICATION) as application, list(COMPANY_RESTR) as company, list(FUNCTION) as function by USER_NAME

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...