Splunk Search

Convert a dashboard into an APP

lamelendrez
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Is it possible to convert a dashboard into an APP?

I am trying to make it easier for managment to access it.

If it is possible, how can I do it?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you can.

If it were me, here's what I'd do.

1) Create a simple empty app. Use the barebones template.

Once you have that created, you'll find that it provides the app but nothing else. This is OK.

2) Copy/move your dashboard's xml file into your new app's structure. Easiest way is to
2.1) Click Settings, User interface.
2.2) Click around in the various options and filtering to find the dashboard in the list.
2.3) On the dashboard's entry, click 'Clone'
2.4) In the new screen that pops up, change the app drop-down to the new app's name.
2.5) Do whatever else that screen tells you (Maybe nothing - I just am not doing it myself so I'm not sure if there's a confirmation)

3) SWITCH TO THE NEW APP if you aren't in it already.

4) Now change the new dashboard in that app to be the default dashboard for the app. Used to be you had to do this in the navigation view files, maybe you still do sort of, but here's an answers post with several methods that all seem ... reasonable?
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/368983/how-do-i-set-my-apps-start-view-to-be-the-dashboar.html

I hope this helps!
And happy splunking!
-Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...