Splunk Search

Concatenating stats results and visualizing as a single value

karthiknzx
Engager

Hi there
index=someIndex | stats = sum(fieldA) as one, sum(fieldB) as two

I would like to display the result in the format (one/two) where / is a separator. I want to visualize the output using the "Single value" visualization so I could color/enlarge the below text etc. Can you please help? (I tried using eval to concatenate the results but couldn't get it to work). Thank you.

Desired output :

100.30/200.40

where
one = 100.30
two = 200.40

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

What did you try so far? something like below should work.
| eval result = one."/".two

View solution in original post

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

What did you try so far? something like below should work.
| eval result = one."/".two

karthiknzx
Engager

Thanks. This is what I tried earlier: (but I had a typo which prevented eval from working)
index=someIndex | stats = sum(fieldA) as one, sum(fieldB) as two | eval result = one."/".two
The above query produced
sum(fieldA), sum(fieldB) and result.

I just wanted the result. My query should have been: (I just stumbled upon the fields command)
index=someIndex | stats = sum(fieldA) as one, sum(fieldB) as two | eval result = one."/".two | fields result

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...