Splunk Search

Compare three data sources

jarapally
Explorer

Hello

I have three sources I should compare fields. Lets say index =A index=B and index=C. All the three sources have a unique field D. I should compare values that are in index B and index C to be present in index=A if index A has values other than that of index B & C then I should get a result as unauthorized.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

If D is the transaction ID to correlate the same event in three indexes then you can try

index=A OR  index=B OR index=C <Add your Base Search Filter cirteria/s> 
| stats count as EventCount values(index) as MatchedIndexes  min(_time) as MinTime max(_time) as MaxTime by D
| search MatchedIndexes=A AND MatchedIndexes=B AND MatchedIndexes!=C
| eval durationInSeconds=MaxTime-MinTime
| eval _time=MinTime
| table _time D EventCount MatchedIndexes durationInSeconds

niketn
Legend

If field D is always present but may differ in your three indexes you can use D=* in your base search.

niketn
Legend

@jarapally Were you able to check the answer?

niketn
Legend

Please add more details whether field D is to correlate the events or compare the events. Do you have some sample of data from three indexes?

jarapally
Explorer

Compare the values of the field D which is a unique bank transaction.. Index B and Index C have values of field D that are present in Index A. the transaction ID's that are present in both Index B and Index C should be present in Index A if not it is flagged as unauthorized.

Index A -Event
Message sent: {A:xxxxx}{B:3XXXXXN}{C:{xxxx}{D:xxxxxx}}{E: :xxxxxxyyyyyyyy}}"

Index B Event:
02-20-2017 03:34:07 INFO XXXXXXXXX message: {A:AXXX00}{B:XXXXN}{C:{XXXX}{D:xxxxxxxx}}{E:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-}

Index C Event

"{A:XX0000000000}{B:IXXXXN}{C:{D:xxxxxxx}}{E:
:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
}

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...