All Apps and Add-ons

Collect Appflow information for netscaler

omprakash9998
Path Finder

I have configured netscaler to to send logs over to splunk. I am receiving audit logs to splunk. I have used IPFIX addon to collect appflow logs from my netscaler, I have configured appflow collectors, actions and policies, but i am not able to receive any appflow information to my splunk instance. I am getting the below message in /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/ipfix.log

CRITICAL pid=94058 tid=MainThread file=ModInput.py:stream_events:107 | Unable to bind [ipfix://appflow] XX.XX.XX.XX:1515
2018-04-12 09:27:16,368 CRITICAL pid=94058 tid=MainThread file=event_writer.py:log:120 | Traceback (most recent call last): ||   File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_ipfix/bin/splunklib/modularinput/script.py", line 74, in run_script ||     self.stream_events(self._input_definition, event_writer) ||   File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_ipfix/bin/IPFIX/ModInput.py", line 105, in stream_events ||     s.bind((bind_host, bind_port)) ||   File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth ||     return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args) || error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

my ipfix inputs.conf is as below

[ipfix://appflow]
address = XX.XX.XX.XX
buffer = 10485760
index = netscaler
port = 1515
interval = 300

I am getting data when i search for

sourcetype="citrix_netscaler"

I have audit logs coming on port 1514, Appflow is configured on 1515.
I have no information coming when I run the command

netstat -an | grep 1515

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...