All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco ACI for splunk error when trying to add APIC

pdealmeida
Engager

Hi All,

I am receiving the below error hen trying to add an APIC on my splunk instance.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA_cisco-ACI/admin/cisco_aci_server_setup/cisco_aci_server_setup_settings

Any idea on how this can be solved?

Tags (1)

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I am getting below error after installation . I am using password based authentication and i have changed ssl from true to false in passwords.conf file and then restarted splunk . but of no use.

message from "/applis/LMD/splunk/bin/python2.7 /applis/LMD/splunk/etc/apps/TA_cisco-ACI/bin/collect.py -authentication aaaSessionLR" ACI Error: Could not get TA_cisco-ACI credentials from splunk. Error: Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('Error connecting to /services/admin/passwords: [Errno 111] Connection refused',)

Please help

0 Karma

rpaviot

Hi,

i have the same issue.

I downloaded Cisco ACI Add-on for Splunk Enterprise 4.2.1 and Cisco ACI App for Splunk Enterprise 4.2.4 on a 6.6.6 Splunk server version.

each time i tried to install the add-on SSL dsable checked or uncheched or disable i have the same error :

"Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA_cisco-ACI/admin/cisco_aci_server_setup/cisco_aci_server_setup_settings".

There is no "app.conf" or "passwords.conf" file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_cisco-ACI.

any idea ???

0 Karma

heshamsh90

try to use the last version and follow the instructions and it will work :

• Follow below steps to disable the SSL verification:
    • For Password based Authentication and Remote User based Authentication:
    • Provide credentials from setup page.
    • passwords.conf file will be created in TA_cisco-ACI/local folder with sample stanza : [credential:x.x.x.x:,admin,True:].
    • Here, default value of SSL verification will be True.
    • Change this value from True to False.
    • Restart Splunk.
0 Karma

askincakir

Hi,

Unfortunately i have faced with same error when adding aci controller in fresh installation.
I have tried to find files and was able to find only app.conf. There is no file passwords.conf.
I guess it is because the installation and configuration is not over yet.

So, would be appreciated for any solution.

Thanks,

0 Karma

heshamsh90

I have the same problem, how to disable the ssl to be verified?

0 Karma

mahmodaldwaikat

Did you find a solution for this problem that you can share?

I am running into the same problem,

This Path does not exist under splunk directory:
url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA_cisco-ACI/admin/cisco_aci_server_setup/cisco_aci_server_setup_settings

0 Karma

sbowser_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is late, but I took this from someone having the same issue with the TA for Cisco IPS. This only happened after I forgot to disable SSL.

Regardless, this worked for me

Navigate to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_cisco-ACI

Remove app.conf
Remove passwords.conf

Try again

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...