Dashboards & Visualizations

Change dashboard name in App

stwong
Communicator

Hi, i created an app using an existing dashboard. In myApp/default/data/ui/nav/default.xml:

<nav color="#d15c34">
  <collection label="Web Statistic">
    <view name="my)web_statistics_20170109_dashboard" default='true'>
      <label>Web Statistics</label>
    </view>
  </collection>
</nav>

I tried to my label in collection and view tags but the app keeps displaying "my_web_statistics_20170109_dashboard". Can I change this name without renaming my dashboard?
Sorry for the newbie question.

Thanks and regards,
/ST Wong

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi stwong,
you can change the name of your dashboard cloning it, you can change the title of your dashboard using the Name change function if the dashboard menu.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

stwong
Communicator

Thanks, but we try to minimize number of dashboards to maintain.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if your need is only to change name to a dashboard, you can clone it in a new one (with you name you like) and delete the original.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

stwong
Communicator

Got it and thanks. Too bad that there is naming convention in our shop that I've to follow, and thus even I clone one, I still have to keep the original name... :-S

Bye,
/ST

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Try the following. You had a typing mistake after my). Also I have put true under double quotes and removed label node. From Dashboard Name Splunk will pick up Dashboard label on its own.

<nav color="#d15c34">
   <collection label="Web Statistic">
     <view name="my_web_statistics_20170109_dashboard" default="true"/>
   </collection>
 </nav>

Refer to http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEP9 or http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.5/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation

stwong
Communicator

Thanks, I tried this in my first attempt but no luck.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Click on Edit Source for your Dashboard and you should see View Name with underscore name in it. It should be same as what is there in Navigation XML i.e. my_web_statistics_20170109_dashboard

Seems like in your case the view name is different. Can you check and correct your Navigation XML accordingly?

You can also access the View Name from Settings --> User Interface --> Views

stwong
Communicator

Got it and thanks. Too bad that there is naming convention in our shop that I've to follow, and thus I'm not allowed to modify the dashboard name.... Even if I clone one, I still have to keep the original name... :-S

Rgds,
/ST

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...