Splunk Search

Can you share some search commands related to application monitoring?

asm_coe
Explorer

Hi,

I have a few access logs.

Please share a few search commands related to application monitoring that will create dashboards.
Target will be to create meaningful charts that show application availability and other related stuff.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

martinpu
Communicator
index=yourindex sourcetype=access* 
| timechart bins=500 count by status

basic overview of statuses, replace bins=500 with span=1m to see stats by one minute buckets. status might be named http_response_code or something similiar

Might want to disregard HEAD or some other method that is not of interest to you, then you should add method!=head (or whatever your field name is there)

index=yourindex sourcetype=access* 
|chart count over uri by status 
|addtotals
|eval successrate=round(floor(coalesce('200',0)/Total*10000)/100,2)

returns all URI by successrate. You uri might be defined as uri_path field or something similiar.
Replace count over uri with count over source/host or to see source specific data as an e.g.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

asm_coe
Explorer

Thanks for the response.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@asm_coe

Please share your event details So I can help you with search design also.

0 Karma

asm_coe
Explorer

Please see as follows Application availability, Response time, HTTP error rate and any other events that can be monitored in application. Kindly let me know if any other info is required.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...