Getting Data In

Can you help me with table results from 2 different indexes?

jip31
Motivator

Hi,

I use the 2 query below.

When I execute each one, I have results but when I execute the query together, I have no results

index="-fr" sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" instance="C:" counter="% Free Space"  OR   index="ai-wkst-windows-fr" sourcetype=WinHostMon source=disk Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB | table counter TotalSpaceKB

Could you help me please??

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

whrg
Motivator

Hello @jip31,

Please note that the AND operator has a higher precedence than the OR operator.

You query above is basically the same as this:

index="-fr" AND sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" AND instance="C:" AND (counter="% Free Space" OR index="ai-wkst-windows-fr") AND sourcetype=WinHostMon AND source=disk AND Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB
| table counter TotalSpaceKB

Try it like this instead:

(index="-fr" sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" instance="C:" counter="% Free Space") OR (index="ai-wkst-windows-fr" sourcetype=WinHostMon source=disk Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB)

I'm assuming both queries have the fields counter and TotalSpaceKB.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

Hello @jip31,

Please note that the AND operator has a higher precedence than the OR operator.

You query above is basically the same as this:

index="-fr" AND sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" AND instance="C:" AND (counter="% Free Space" OR index="ai-wkst-windows-fr") AND sourcetype=WinHostMon AND source=disk AND Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB

Try it like this instead:

(index="-fr" sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" instance="C:" counter="% Free Space") OR (index="ai-wkst-windows-fr" sourcetype=WinHostMon source=disk Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB)

I'm assuming both queries have the fields counter and TotalSpaceKB.

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

i have made a mistake in one query
the field i need is Value instead counter
but when i done this I have the same problem, I obtain only the TotalSpaceKB but the field value is empty.....

(index="perfmon-fr" sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" instance="C:" counter="% Free Space") OR (index="windows-fr" sourcetype=WinHostMon Type=disk Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB)
| table Value TotalSpaceKB

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

with this it works
(index="perfmon-fr" sourcetype="perfmon:logicaldisk" instance="C:" counter="% Free Space") OR (index="windows-fr" sourcetype=WinHostMon Type=disk Name="C:" TotalSpaceKB)
| stats latest(Value) as Value latest(TotalSpaceKB) as TotalSpaceKB by host

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...