Splunk Search

Can you help me figure out if I should use a condition statement OR an If statement?

jayachandrank
Explorer

Hi all

I am new to Splunk please help me on this.

I am trying to check a condition that if Coin Acceptor, Receipt Printer and etc are Unavailable...then I want to display only that which is Unavailable...that means, if only Coin Acceptor is Unavailable, then I want to display only Coin Acceptor in the table..

| eval Component = if(( "Coin Acceptor"==Unavailable OR "Receipt Printer"==Unavailable OR "Cash Dispenser"==Unavailable OR "Cash Draw"==Unavailable OR "Signature Pad"==Unavailable OR "Cash Dispenser"==Unavailable OR "Loyalty Scanner"==Unavailable OR "Operator/Customer Display"==Unavailable OR "PinPad"==Unavailable),"NA", Component) | table  Component
Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jayachandrank,,

Try this

"your current search" |eval CULPRITS=null()
|foreach * [eval CULPRITS=if(<<FIELD>>=="Unavailable",if(isnull(CULPRITS),"<<FIELD>>",CULPRITS.", <<FIELD>>"),CULPRITS)]

The CULPRITS field should have a comma separated list of components which caused the Lane became UnAvailable.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jayachandrank
Explorer

@renjith.nair

I have changed my query like this

• Base search *|eval "Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"=null() |foreach *[ eval "Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"=if(<>=="Unavailable"),if((isnull("Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"),"<>"),("Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"),"<>"),"Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"] | table Store,Lane,Lane_Status,"Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner","Receipt Printer"

but i am receiving a error like "Error in 'eval' command: The arguments to the 'if' function are invalid."

So i the FIELD i give any particular thing or any random name...and in you have given as <> and
"<>" is that correct or i have give double quotes in everywhere.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jayachandrank,

You dont need to replace anything there. foreach statement has to be copied exactly as it is. So from the above search, you just replace "your current search" with your initial search

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jayachandrank
Explorer

@renjith.nair

So i have copied that exactly as your search and replaced like this

base search |eval "Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"=null()
|foreach *[ eval "Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"=if(<>=="Unavailable"),if((isnull("Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"),"<>"),("Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"),"<>"),"Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"]
| table Store,Lane,Lane_Status,"Coin Acceptor","Loyalty Scanner"

But i am receiving this error
"Error in 'eval' command: The arguments to the 'isnull' function are invalid. "
Can you help me on this

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jayachandrank,
what I meant is you dont need to change even the <<FIELD>> , thats the syntax of foreach

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/SearchReference/Foreach

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jayachandrank,

If you have a Status field , then | where Status="Unavailable " should be enough.
Would you mind sharing the current search and /or intermediate result so that we can have a look?

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jayachandrank
Explorer

Actually there are many field in the data model in that I have many component if any one of the component becomes unavailable it status will be unavailable..I what to check all my component if any one or more becomes unavailable I want to display all those component which makes it unavailable

I am receving like this
Lane_Status Coin Acceptor Loyalty Scanner Receipt Printer
Unavailable Unavailable Available Available
Unavailable Available Unavailable Available

But I need like this

Lane Lane_Status Coin Acceptor Loyalty Scanner Receipt Printer
12 Unavailable Unavailable

13 Unavailable Unavailable

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...