Splunk Search

Can you help me break my search up into two smaller ones?

bealm

I have a query that is taking up too many resources I am told. I decided to break it up into two smaller reports (one for the first 12 hours yesterday, one for the last 12 hours yesterday).

How do I add this to the query without using the drop down options or manually changing the period of time? Current report:

index=main source="/var/log/bwi/lanwan" VIP="*prod*" VIP=*etw* CN="*" | rex field=_raw "(^.*protocol=|^.*\s(via).*\snegotiated\sProtocol\s)(?<Protocol>.*?)\s(cipher=|with\sCipher\s)(?<Cipher>\w+-*\w*)" | dedup CN | rename CN AS PropertyNumber, OU AS PropertyName | eventstats max(time_in_sec), min(time_in_sec) avg(time_in_sec), first(_time) as latest_time by PropertyNumber | table PropertyNumber,PropertyName,Protocol,Cipher,_time
Tags (1)
0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @bealm,

Did the answer below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya. Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

you should just be able to do earliest=-1d@d latest=-1d@d+12h and earliest=-1d@d+12h latest=@d in the base search for the two separate searches

0 Karma

bealm

I am awaiting my team to introduce this as a solution -- I believe strongly it will work but I may not know for a day or so... when I find out that it has worked I will complete this properly.. I would like to leave it open for now

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...