Knowledge Management

Can we share the data Models present in the indexer server to the search heads which are related to apps?

tadepallikrishn

I have added the Splunk DB Connect app on my indexer server and loaded all my inputs to get the tables data and getting them to the search heads to create the dashboards. Along with the app we have the pre built data models in the DB Connect app which i want to use in the search & reporting app on the search heads without installing the DB Connect app on Search Heads.

Is there a way to do such? To share the Data models from the indexers to search heads which are related to apps ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bandit
Motivator

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Data models should live on search heads, only then can all indexers perform the same computations for that search head.

Inputs should not live on indexers, then you lose load balancing and failover.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...