All Apps and Add-ons

Can we get an updated version of jboss for splunk add-on for splunk version 7.0

ssolipuram
Explorer

We have splunk version 7.0. We are trying to monitor Jboss Application server using splunk add-on for jboss. Seems like this add-on is currently not supported in this version of splunk. Is there a updated version of app to be compatible with splunk version 7.0

Tags (2)

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it's not on Splunkbase, you might be outta luck. You can however contact support or your Splunk account person to request the app to updated.
However, only because Splunkbase says it's not compatible with 7.0, doesn't have to mean it actually isn't. It might simply mean it hasn't been tested (and I'm rather sure this is the case here). If I were you, I'd just try it.

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

0 Karma

ssolipuram
Explorer

I have tried that and I dont see it working. Installed the app using install app from file. I was not able to launch it edit or view objects

0 Karma

ssolipuram
Explorer

Not sure which one you installed. I have downloaded from this location:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2954/
did you download the same app?

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Exactly that one.

0 Karma

ssolipuram
Explorer

Thanks. As per your screenshot I was able to add the dashboard and after providing the IP address and JMX port of the JBOSS server for the add-on it doesnot show anything in the dashboard. And no errors relating to this in the splunkd logs and splunk-jboss-log file. I have verfied the connectivity from splunk server to the JMX remote port and the port is also open

0 Karma

ssolipuram
Explorer

Any suggestions or inputs are greatly appreciated

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you follow these instructions?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/JBoss/Configureinputs

Did you see, that JMX seems to require another Splunk TA to be installed?
I've no experience on JBoss, so I've no idea of the details 😉

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I did just install it on my Splunk 7.1 test instance, and although it doesn't come with any prebuilt dashboard, it offers prebuilt dashboard panels.
Therefore, create a new dashboard, select Add Panel..., then choose Add Prebuilt Panel.

See the screenshot on how to do it:
alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...