Deployment Architecture

Can the disk size be different on the servers in the same Indexer cluster?

mallempatisreed
Explorer

hi All,

We have indexer cluster with 6 servers and out of these 4 servers has more than 90% space utilization. Due to storage limit we ahve been given 4 TB of space as addition. Will there be any impact if we add these 4 TB to onlt the 4 servers whihc has high space utilization but not the other two servers.

If the Indexer cluster like below with disk size soecifications will there be any issues?

Server1 - 2 TB
Server2 - 2 TB
Server3 - 2 TB
Server4 - 2 TB

Server5 - 1 TB
Server6 - 1 TB

Thanks,
Sree

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

We have the same situation (coun't get all the in Storage we wanted), and it does work.

Only different with us, is we added new indexers with less storage. In our situation > Don't Rebalance the data. It will fill the new machines instantly

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...