Splunk Search

Can't use eval function on fields extracted from json log using spath

myobmatt

I have extracted fields from a json log using spath, I want to add double quotes to the tabled results using ... | eval myval="\"".myval."\"" but no eval function seems to work on the fields extracted in this way. What am I doing wrong??

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@myobmatt can you add some JSON data sample along with the field name that spath extracts?

myobmatt

Any field that I have extracted from the json log using spath, when I try to apply ANY eval function, comes up blank when I try to table it

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hi

You jus need one set of \" in the beginning and one in the end, like this

| eval myval="\""+myval+"\""
0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Please let me know if the answer was useful for you. If it was, accept it and upvote. If not, give us more input so we can help you with that

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi
have you tried this:

|eval myval="\"".myval."\""
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...