Splunk Dev

Can i create multiple projects in splunk cloud?

titosnapwiz
Engager

I am a splunk strom user where i can create multiple projects from dashboard. Each project has its own spl file so that particular logs can be sent project specific bucket.

Is this possible in splunk cloud? Currently i am testing the sandbox version and I no where see this feature. spl is global.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

halr9000
Motivator

That's a good question. Cloud is (almost) exactly the same as Enterprise, whereas Storm was a more unique product with its own features such as the very straightforward group management style you saw with the projects that ties together the data, visualizations, and the access controls in one place. You can actually do this type of thing by creating indexes, users and groups and roles, and in fact it's much more granular in Cloud and Enterprise, because every knowledge object (including apps) has permissions on it. But it's not as straightforward!

So the short answer is yes. But some of the concepts are separated. Look at the docs around both apos and indexes, and then make a new more specific question if you need to.

View solution in original post

halr9000
Motivator

That's a good question. Cloud is (almost) exactly the same as Enterprise, whereas Storm was a more unique product with its own features such as the very straightforward group management style you saw with the projects that ties together the data, visualizations, and the access controls in one place. You can actually do this type of thing by creating indexes, users and groups and roles, and in fact it's much more granular in Cloud and Enterprise, because every knowledge object (including apps) has permissions on it. But it's not as straightforward!

So the short answer is yes. But some of the concepts are separated. Look at the docs around both apos and indexes, and then make a new more specific question if you need to.

titosnapwiz
Engager

Thank you. I will look into this in detail.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...