Dashboards & Visualizations

Can any one explain me how to create a button on dash board?

vikasreddy
Explorer

I have created a dash board. On that I have to create a "Button" on that created panel.when I press the button, New window has to be open and it should display some text content.I think it is simple task but I am not able to crack it.

I don't know from where I have to start? can anyone help me in detail steps about this?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ehudb
Contributor

If that button is not related to a specific search, you would need an HTML panel.
See this answer:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/378289/calling-java-script-from-dashboard.html

Also see in the Dashboard Examples, the example "Token Links"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mikev
Path Finder

Without know more than general items (helpful would be version of Splunk) but any of the 6.x version are alike.

Basic steps would be to use the Dashboard and Form Editor:
Select Add Input here you can select a Text box, Radio Button, Dropdown Box, Checkbox, Multiselect , Time and Submit.
I generally recommend always adding Time and Submit for a basic dashboard. You should be able to do this without having to edit the XML directly, but you can as well. You can have functions perform drill downs on the line clicked.

0 Karma

ehudb
Contributor

If that button is not related to a specific search, you would need an HTML panel.
See this answer:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/378289/calling-java-script-from-dashboard.html

Also see in the Dashboard Examples, the example "Token Links"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...