Splunk Enterprise

Can Splunk integrate with Automation?

abhijitnath89
Path Finder

We are trying to integrate Splunk with Automation-anywhere which is a RPA tool, any idea on that? is there any app for it?

1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I integrated another automation tool called Automic with Splunk. One use case was using Splunk to track average response time of the web service calls then firing an alert/script when average response time reached 150% higher than the previous 10 minutes. Automic was file-watching and saw a new text file with the hostname of the degraded web services server and initiated an app pool recycle.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mohammedrizwan

How we can integrate the automation anywhere tool to splunk

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I integrated another automation tool called Automic with Splunk. One use case was using Splunk to track average response time of the web service calls then firing an alert/script when average response time reached 150% higher than the previous 10 minutes. Automic was file-watching and saw a new text file with the hostname of the degraded web services server and initiated an app pool recycle.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

0 Karma

karamec

Hi Skoelpin,

Could you please let me know how we can integrate automic with splunk, we have similar type of use case like you mentioned above.

0 Karma

abhijitnath89
Path Finder

Thanks that would completely solve my issue, I am new to splunk, can you also inform how can I place the file to the file system by splunk.

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sure, and also welcome to Splunk!

Place your script in $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts

When you create a search, you go to the top right Save As and and select Alert.. You then fill in the alert info, then below select Add Actions then Run a Script and put in the file name.. Now when your alert fires it will execute this script

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Alert/Configuringscriptedalerts

If this answer your issue can you accept the answer or give an upvote if this was helpful?

0 Karma

abhijitnath89
Path Finder

Our requirement is generate multiple excel files with reports in splunk and combine those generated sheets in another template excel in different tabs, zip the excel and upload to sharepoint.
My idea was I can generate the excel files in splunk and use automation anywhere to do rest ,
Not sure if I can implement the whole in splunk itself without the RPA tool. That would have been great.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk can defiantly generate and export the reports for you while any decent automation tool can do the rest.. Since you are working with Excel, you will need some VBA knowledge to manipulate the sheets. I would create a Splunk saved search which will generate and place the file on the file system, then have your automation tool run on a schedule to kick off the workflow.

Assuming you have a workflow set up with jobs dependencies, first job will verify a new file was placed on the file system, second job will then execute a powershell script on the file system which will trigger your VBA code, your VBA code will do the Excel magic, third job will do a quick smoke test of the finalized file, last job will email the results.. Wipes hands off pants

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...