Splunk Enterprise

Can I wrap a column when using a Simpleresultstable

richnavis
Contributor

I need to include sparklines in my results... Is there any way to have columns wrap instead of scroll using this module?. I tried using SideView Utils downstream module to Simple Results table, but no luck..

Tags (2)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm guessing a bit, but I think if you switch to the Table module, the column labels in Table are allowed to wrap, so if you switch from Splunk's SimpleResultsTable to the Sideview Table module your problem will go away.

And the Sideview Table module does support the sparkline() function in stats, as of Sideview Utils 2.6.5, so you can switch to Table now without losing sparklines.

to be specific, replace this:

<module name="SimpleResultsTable">
  <param name="displayRowNumbers">False</param>
  <param name="entityName">results</param>
</module>

with this:

<module name="Table" />
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...