All Apps and Add-ons

Can I remove one of the copies of Firefox from the PDF server app?

mctester
Communicator

We are installing the PDF Report Server on a CentOS 5.2 64-bit box and we noticed that pdfserver-1.2.tar.gz includes both 'pdfserver/bin/firefox-i386/' and 'pdfserver/bin/firefox-x86_64/'

Since we are running on a 64-bit OS, we're assuming the 32-bit Firefox binaries & libs will not be used (or even work). Can we remove 'pdfserver/bin/firefox-i386/' from the pdfserver-1.2.tar.gz as that would cut the tarball almost in half which would be useful when uploading it to some bandwidth constrained boxes?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Mick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes that should be fine,

The app will attempt to fall back to the 32 bit version if the 64 bit version fails to run, but assuming your box is setup to run the 64 bit version ok then there should be no issues

View solution in original post

Mick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes that should be fine,

The app will attempt to fall back to the 32 bit version if the 64 bit version fails to run, but assuming your box is setup to run the 64 bit version ok then there should be no issues

Lowell
Super Champion

Agreed. I have a 32 bit box and removed the 64-bit firefox to save space as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...