Splunk Search

Can I load the document in splunk where the loading options are linked to a specific change request and viewable for future reference?

nrnirmal

Hi,

I have a requirement to be developed in Splunk. Please provide your inputs.

I need to provide an option to load the document in Splunk. In future, I should be able to view the document whenever I click the link for the specific change request.
So the loading options need to be linked to the specific Change request and also the document should be able to be viewed for future reference.

This is feasible in Splunk?
Thanks.

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @nrnirmal,
Yes, you can do this. You need to Copy the file to the appserver/static folder.. suppose I use the search app and the file name splunker.pdf and path is $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/search/appserver/static/docs/splunker.pdf
in below I have given panel id as something and on click that splunker.pdf will get open..below is the js:

var components = [
     "splunkjs/ready!",
     "splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!",
     "jquery"
 ];

// Require the components
 require(components, function(
     mvc,
     ignored,
     $
 ) {
      $('#something').click(function() {
       window.open('/en-US/static/app/search/docs/Splunker.pdf', '_blank');
     });
 });

Hope this helps!

0 Karma

nrnirmal

Thanks for the details.
Is there a way the user will be able to load the document by clicking a button (upload) in the splunk and it should be stored in the respective path and in future if they access the respective change number (primary key) , they should be able to view the document loaded as part of it.

0 Karma

Super Champion
0 Karma

nrnirmal

Thanks for the details.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...