All Apps and Add-ons

Can I have splunk run App's custom code upon installation? at startup?

robertlight
Path Finder

Can I have my own app's custom code run at splunk startup or at the time my app is installed?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

what i am still thinkng i belief it is after installation app you can run you own custom app at startup

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Yes of course. If you are the administrator, you can set a user default app using splunk web. Just go on Settings--> Access Controls--> User-->the user name , there you can decide about the app you need as your default one or a user default app.

Thanks!
Stephane

SGF
0 Karma

NOUMSSI
Builder

Yes you can have your own app run at splunk startup. This app must be already installed on splunk. the default app wich is run at splunk startup is Home (launcher) app

0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

no this can be only possible went at the time my app is installed meaning that after installation you can run everytime from there you can run you splunk with you own custom app at startup

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...