Security

Can I email a licensing alert before it becomes a violation

BobM
Builder

With the latest versions of splunk we have licensing alerts that warn you are approaching a licensing limit and advising you to correct it before midnight but you need to be logged on to see them. Is there a way of making these alerts email me so I have a chance to do this before I get the violation?

I have seen plenty of searches for violations and have seen a search in the Deployment Monitor app for throughput volumes per pool but none that can compare this with the current pool size and alert if it is approaching or over.

hartfoml
Motivator

I have the Search code you need here.
link text

I am still waiting for one peace of help on this.

Read my post to get the code

0 Karma

BobM
Builder

Thanks but it isn't quite what I wanted.

Your search finds data indexed for the day but doesn't compare this to the license pools. I want something dynamic I can put on multiple servers without having to check which pool they are in and what size it is.

PS I answered the date problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...