All Apps and Add-ons

Can I call the static resources from an app that has global permissions?

bestSplunker
Contributor

On Search Head Cluster Mode, I have 4 search heads. I want to call some JS and CSS static resources in dashboard of search app. So how do I upload these JS and CSS to all search heads (directory : /appserver/static)? I think I can use deployer,so I follow the steps below

1. Create an app on the deployer. and put JS and CSS file in directory /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/appname/appserver/static.

2. Push this bundle to all search heads

3. Set the app permissions as global

4. Switch to dashboard of search app , and then load CSS and JS in the form tag of the dashboard.

But it isn't working, I view the html source code of the dashboard, it doesn't load these static resources, why?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bestSplunker
Contributor

Thanks @deepashri_123 for your help. if i want to add custom files from a different app to a dashboard. I need use the following syntax.

<dashboard stylesheet="<app_name>:<style_filename>.css" script="<app_name>:<script_filename>.js">

example:

<dashboard stylesheet="search:my_custom_styles.css" script="search:my_custom_script.js">

View solution in original post

bestSplunker
Contributor

Thanks @deepashri_123 for your help. if i want to add custom files from a different app to a dashboard. I need use the following syntax.

<dashboard stylesheet="<app_name>:<style_filename>.css" script="<app_name>:<script_filename>.js">

example:

<dashboard stylesheet="search:my_custom_styles.css" script="search:my_custom_script.js">

bestSplunker
Contributor

I didn't notice this before.

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Happy to help!! Please upvote the comment if that helped you!!

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@bestSplunker,

Can you check on the search head if the app is properly pushed with the changes?On the search head the path will be /opt/splunk/etc/apps/appname/appserver/static

Also for dashboard styling you can refer this link:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/AdvancedDev/UseCSS

Let me know if this helps!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...